Sunday, August 4, 2019

A sailing I will go with you fair maid!

Join me on an extraordinary journey


Inbox
x

Shailene Woodley and Greenpeace

Fri, Aug 2, 1:55 PM (2 days ago)
to me
Hi Nelson,
I’m writing to you, right now, from the deck of the Greenpeace ship Esperanza.
Our oceans are in a heap of trouble. Climate change. Deep sea mining. Overfishing. Plastic pollution. It’s as if all the world’s problems were just dumped into the great big blue.
So we are sailing out to sea for the chance of a lifetime: to protect more of this planet than ever has been before.
You’ve already joined the movement to support a Global Ocean Treaty — thank you!Now, will you share my message to your friends and family? ASk them to sign the petition for a bold Global Ocean Treaty and to create a massive network of ocean sanctuaries.
I need your help to have a huge impact while I’m onboard. We need as many signatures as possible by August 19 when the United Nations will next discuss the treaty. This is real. Delegates are set to put us on a path to turn 30% of the oceans into sanctuaries for marine life.
I didn’t hesitate when Greenpeace invited me to sail with them. Please don’t hesitate either, ask your friends to sign Greenpeace's petition now:
I’m at sea to help research microplastic pollution in what could become the treaty’s first protected ocean sanctuary — the Sargasso Sea. This is the part of the Atlantic to the South East of North America. I’m told it’s roughly the international waters that make up the Bermuda Triangle. How neat is that?
It gets even cooler. I’m learning so much from the scientist onboard! Here, ocean currents bring together truly massive matts of floating seaweed. It’s like a floating grassland. A mind blowing number of baby sea turtles and other creatures use it for food and protection. It’s like the Atlantic Ocean’s nursery.
Those same currents also bring in plastics from all over the world. Turtles, seabirds and fish all ingest this plastic. Some don’t survive. And that is just one threat to this unique and globally vital ecosystem. The Sargasso Sea needs to be made a sanctuary so life all over the Atlantic can thrive. Help me make it happen! Share the petition with your friends and family. 
Thanks for all that you do and for joining me in this important adventure,
Shailene Woodley
Actor, Activist, Greenpeace Oceans Ambassador
We don't accept any money from companies or governments so we can be independent and challenge anyone who threatens the planet or peace. To help us keep fighting climate change, defending our oceans and protecting ancient forests, please make a regular donation. Thank you!
You can grow the movement for a green and peaceful future. Forward this email and share the signup link for our regular email updates and ways to take action.
This email was sent to: human4usbillions@gmail.com. If you no longer want to be in the loop with the latest news from these emails, we'll be sad, but you can adapt your preferences or unsubscribe here.
Greenpeace Canada, 33 Cecil Street, Toronto, ON M5T 1N1
supporter

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Hello my good friend Valdemar Oliveira! I am happy to hear you had a successfull heart operation.  I hope you live to be 110. I may not be...