Tuesday, July 11, 2017


W.C. Fields once said:

 "I like children...fried!"

 I have nothing against children and in fact I like children but why do I have to pay exorbitant Quebec school taxes when I never had children? I  do not mind paying my fair share of taxes but hey, Quebec, your thumb screws are too God Damned tight! In the past I did volunteer as a Hockey and Soccer coach for a few years and I and the local kids had a lot of fun! We also won championship trophies but nobody paid me to help their children!  Today, at 69 and as a pensioner with a bad back I often look up at Trees to see if money grows up there but unfortunately...nothing! Even the Trees are disappearing! I can only swear and wonder why my Quebec government is suffocating me with debt? My Eight hundred dollars school tax is higher than it was last year for the same property! I also pay my local municipal government over Two Thousand in property taxes for a house covered in field rocks which I found in a local forest years ago! This is the same Laval municipal government where the Mayor was convicted as a crook!  Is it because I made the mistake of owning my own house! An old house inherited from my parents and which I have been repairing for the last Fifty years and which I refuse to sell to pesky Condo developers!

  Where is the justice? Will high taxes force me out of my house in much the same way they continue pushing pensioners and retirees from their homes? Where do the elderly and poor and the homeless go to die! Is it in expensive  hospitals or on the streets? Where?

 No they won't push me out of my house without a non-violent and legal fight. This is the first friendly volley in my personal tax revolt. What I need is a few thousand more people fed up with high unfair taxes. Either there is a better balance of power and money here in Quebec or eventually there will be the same kind of social problems in Canada as we are now witnessing in Europe.
 P.S. Attention tourists! I am removing my invitation to visit Canada from my Blog. There are too many visitors crowding the streets of Montreal and too many people who believe this is a "free" country!  Everything is expensive and getting worse!          


No comments:

Post a Comment

Liver-Protecting Fennel Juice [Vegan] This is a juice that you’ve probably never tried before. It uses the vegetable fennel which many peopl...