Sunday, March 30, 2014

Gentle People:

 It has become a crowded world. Millions of people move and inter-mingle with each other every single day and one sad fact is that ( aside from text messaging on tiny computers) personal communication has dropped dramatically. For one example, you can stand in a crowded bus and be absolutely jammed tight against a fellow passenger and except for a few words like sorry and excuse me, zero conversation takes place. For another example you can go to a football or baseball game and shout and cheer for hours and never talk to the person in the next seat. Put simply, over-population and crowding creates less direct communication with our neighbours, especially in large cities. Add poverty to the mix and you create serious social problems affecting the most vulnerable inner-city women, children and the elderly.
Here is a Poem you might like..I call it The Hypocrite.

The Hypocrite.
 Every day I would say hello
As I passed him on this street,
And every day he would look at me and say
"Now my life's complete!"

Years went by and here I am
Sitting in his place,
And you kid now wear
My smile on your face...

So thank you kid
For the smile,
Though it's not very deep...,

This seat I will keep warm for you...
Now my life's complete.

Copyright: Joseph Raglione.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Liver-Protecting Fennel Juice [Vegan] This is a juice that you’ve probably never tried before. It uses the vegetable fennel which many peopl...