Monday, September 16, 2019

RUFUS WAINWRIGHT, GREENPEACE.

Let's shift the power!


Inbox
x

Rufus Wainwright, Greenpeace Canada Unsubscribe

12:04 PM (12 hours ago)
to me
Hi Nelson,
The impacts of climate change are coming harder and faster than ever, biodiversity is crashing and we know time is limited. As our window to act shortens, I’ve also seen millions of people rise up to push for action, and I hope you will be one of them.
These last few months, I feel we’ve been entering a new wave of climate activism. 
All around the world, human rights organizations, environmental groups, scientists, financial and legal experts, youth groups, worker unions — and many more — are raising their voices to put an end to the destruction of our home: planet Earth. We’ve all been hearing them louder and louder, clearer and clearer. 
In Canada, the government has declared a national Climate Emergency. Now, with the elections formally announced, it’s time for our politicians act like it! Will you help ensure all political candidates in your riding pledge to act on the climate crisis?
The fossil fuel industry, forest destroyers, ocean polluters… they all feel the increasing pressure we are putting on them. If we keep the pressure on, then real change will be around the corner.
A few months ago, I signed the Pact for a Green New Deal, asking the Canadian government to address the multiple crises that we are faced with. Today, I’m asking you to join me: will you tell federal election candidates to act now on the climate crisis?
I want a bright future for my daughter Viva, for my family, for my generation and the next ones. That means taking a hold on the present. It’s a numbers game: together, we have so much power. Even the power to change destructive industries and to push political  leadership into ambitious climate action. 
With hope, 
Rufus Wainwright
We don't accept any money from companies or governments so we can be independent and challenge anyone who threatens the planet or peace. To help us keep fighting climate change, defending our oceans and protecting ancient forests, please make a regular donation. Thank you!
You can grow the movement for a green and peaceful future. Forward this email and share the signup link for our regular email updates and ways to take action.
This email was sent to: human4usbillions@gmail.com. If you no longer want to be in the loop with the latest news from these emails, we'll be sad, but you can adapt your preferences or unsubscribe here.
Greenpeace Canada, 33 Cecil Street, Toronto, ON M5T 1N1
supporter

Joseph Raglione

12:10 AM (1 minute ago)
to Greenpeace
Dear Mr. Wainwright:
I have been putting my neck on the block since 1969 and it is a very old neck.
Going toe-to-toe with those who have money and power is dangerous work for a non profit individual. I, and the majority of people in Canada who need money simply to survive, do not have control over the flow of money which controls our lives. The owners of large corporations and the politicians who keep them protected do have that control. Many of Canada's well established companies create copious amounts of pollution and they simply won't change unless forced to change. The problem is who has the power to force change and what can we offer the rich and powerful to motivate them to change direction. What alternative solutions do we have to offer those who have everything and who do not scare easily? My favorite social science oriented comedian of all time, George Carlin, made the claim that the "owners have us by the balls and they are squeezing". Large companies don't care about the average person because they have full control over our lives!
 If you want me to help you take some of that control away from the worst polluters, you will have to create a fund for that purpose. An anti-pollution fund and yes I am going to need some of that money to buy better and faster computers and to hire some young high tech experts to work those computers. Do I feel like doing any of that? Not really!
  If you stand with me I will open a PayPal account for that purpose.
  If you don't I won't but If you want to create an anti pollution fund under your own name that is fine with me, I will even contribute a few Dollars to the fund.
 Signed: N.J. Raglione
Ex/Dir. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liver-Protecting Fennel Juice [Vegan] This is a juice that you’ve probably never tried before. It uses the vegetable fennel which many peopl...