Thursday, April 11, 2019

GENTLE PEOPLE:

   As I grow older I experience a patronizing prejudice I find funny!  Ageism.
Younger people either want to help me across the street or place me in an old person's home.  I turn to my memories to remember if I acted the same way towards those much older than I and the answer is...wait for it....nope! I always respected my elders. I waited for them to ask for my help before I willingly provided them with a helping hand.

 Today, many young people are kind hearted and respectful of older people. They ask how we are feeling and what they can do to help us if we should need them. They are nice people with positive actions towards the elderly but there are also the negative and selfish people! Negative abusers who would gladly take advantage of our frailties. They assume simply by looking at us that we are not as quick or clever as they and therefore can be manipulated and separated from our money or property or both.  For those abusers I create the following short poem.   

 HEY YOU!
ARROGANT YOUTH!
YOU SPIT ON AGE UNTIL ONE DAY
YOU ARE FORCED TO LOOK IN THE MIRROR
TO CLEAN THE SPIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liver-Protecting Fennel Juice [Vegan] This is a juice that you’ve probably never tried before. It uses the vegetable fennel which many peopl...